I LOVE quesadillas. So, naturally I am always trying to think of ways to take them to the next level and add a bit of protein to up the satisfaction factor. Enter this 7 Layer quesadilla. It’s not fancy, in fact its basically just the traditional 7 layer dip you eat at parties shoved into a tortilla and baked but I promise you they will be the most delicious thing you eat this week.
I chose to bake these instead of frying them like a traditional quesadilla for few reasons. First, they are so loaded, they would be a bit difficult to flip. Secondly, baking them allows you to prepare multiple at a time so if you are making them for a group everybody’s meal will be ready at the same time. But by all means feel free to make them in a pan if you are short on time!
7 Layer Quesadilla
- 1 8 inch Flour Tortilla
- 1/4 cup Refried Beans
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Guacamole
- 3 Thin slices Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Black Olives Drained
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees Farenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl or ramekin mix the sour cream adn taco seasoning.
- Assemble the quesadillas by spreading the beans evenly on one half the tortilla, then spread the sour cream, and guacamole over top in that order. Top with tomato slices, olives, green onions and cheese. Fold tortilla over the toppings and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy!
**Purchases from links on this site may provide a commission to Lettuce Thrive.