This lemon herb potato salad is the perfect spring staple. It has all the components of a balanced meal so It can be eaten on its own as a healthy lunch or it can be used as a side dish like traditional potato salad. This fresh recipe is perfect to bring to a BBQ or potluck because it only gets more delicious when it has time to sit and marinate in the dressing.
Lemon Herb Potato Salad
For the Salad
- 12 oz fingerling potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 english cucucmber, sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice juice of half a lemon
- 1 stalk green onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- Start by boiling two pots of water.
- While the water comes to a boil chop your ingredients. Cut the small potatoes in half and the large ones in quarters (about 1 inch pieces). Thinly slice the cucumbers and chop the herbs and garlic.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the mayo, lemon juice, green onion, basil, garlic, salt, lemon pepper, olive oil and water. Alternatively you could skip the chopping and prepare this in a blender if you prefer.
- Once the water is boiling add the potatoes to one pot and the eggs to another. Set a timer for 10 minutes and let boil. When the there is 2 minutes left on the timer add the peas to the pot with the potatoes and let them continue to boil. Remove the eggs, potatoes, and peas after 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, peas and eggs and transfer directly to an ice bath to cool. Drain the potatoes and peas once completely cooled. Peal and quarter the eggs.
- Combine the potatoes, peas, sliced cucumbers, capers, and dressing toss to combine. Top with the sliced eggs and fresh herbs to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tsp of baking soda to the boiling water before adding the eggs, it makes them easier to peal.
- Double the sauce recipe and save the extra to use as a dipping sauce for fries or a sandwich spread!
- Make this salad ahead of time and let sit in the fridge for a few hours for best flavor!
Looking for another vegetarian BBQ friendly dish? Try these vegan BBQ meatball sliders.