Guacamole is my all time favorite dip/condiment. I have been making this recipe my whole life. Seriously! When I was in eighth grade home economics I shared this recipe as a class presentation for a project about our favorite recipe. If that doesn’t show commitment I don’t know what does. But, if my middle school cooking skills don’t impress you, I promise you this guac is always a huge hit at parties. It is fresh, chunky, smooth, and and just the right amount of tangy. Don’t take my word for it, try it yourself!
Overall this is a pretty classic guacamole recipe, but I do have one secret ingredient, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt! This was a trick passed down from my dad who used to make “cheaters guacamole” by just combining store bought salsa, avocado and Lawry’s. I’ve freshened it up a bit with fresh produce in place of the salsa but the seasoning has stayed the same! Even with the fresh produce this is so easy to make! Just pre-chop the ingredients, mix it all up and you are good to go!
Best Ever Guacamole
- 4 Medium Avocados Cubed
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 2/3 cup Chopped Tomatos (About 1 large tomato)
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice (About the Juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir together. Mash with a fork to your desired consistency.
- If you want to make this guacamole ahead of time for a party you can store it by pressing plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole and then keeping it in the fridge. It will hold for a few hours without turning brown. To serve simply take the plastic wrap off and give it a good stir.
**Purchases from links on this site may provide a commission to Lettuce Thrive.
Looking for another great potluck recipe? Try this lemon herb potato salad!
One thought on “Best Ever Guacamole”
I love a good guacamole – it’s the perfect family dip! Thank you for sharing your secret ingredient too – sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference to the overall taste of the dish!